Job no: 521275
Work type: Full Time
Location: Mile End
Harvey Norman Commercial Division is focused on delivering the highest standards of service to the building and construction industry. Established in 2000, during this period we have been responsible for the fit-out of many quality projects throughout South Australia. We are currently one of the only dedicated specialist suppliers of kitchen and bathroom products to the building and construction industry, distributing to numerous major builders, developers and plumbers.
As a business we employ people who deliver exceptional services through the lens of our values. Our Values define who we are, they guide our actions and behavior and most importantly, they influence the way in which we work with each other and how we serve our customers.
Cpmpany values are:
- Loyalty to our Company and Customers
- Competence and Expertise
- Committed to Providing Solutions
- Positive Can Do Attitude
- Passionate and Caring
As a result of ongoing growth within our business, an opportunity now exists for an experienced, customer focused, hard working individual to establish themselves within a dynamic team. As a Warehouse Store Person, you will be required to demonstrate the ability to accurately receive/dispatch orders whilst ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are adhered to. This is a hands on role working within a fast paced environment.
We are a business that values people who share our culture and commercial desire for success. We strive to ensure we provide you with the career growth and development that people seek and deserve.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with customers daily and ensure all customer requests are responded to in a timely and professional manner
- Work closely with the Sales & Service Support Co-ordinators on a daily basis
- Receiving, checking and allocating large volumes of incoming stock.
- Follow through with reporting any discrepancies that arise
- Ensuring all goods are are carefully handled and placed strategically to maximise on space and minimise damage
- Accurate picking, labeling and packing of orders to be dispatched
- Loading and unloading of stock from trucks and vehicles
- Ensure labour resources and transport providers are utilised effectively to meet requirements
- Control of all stock movements in the warehouse through the management of periodic stock checks and stock takes
- General administration work
- Maintaining the warehouse in a clean, neat and orderly manner
- Heavy, safe lifting and manual handling of stock is an everyday task that is essential to this position
The following skill sets and personality traits are required:
- At least 2 years of proven experience in warehousing/distribution
- Full valid Driver’s Licence
- Fork lift licence
- White card is desirable but not essential
- Picker licence is desirable but not essential
- A willingness to listen, learn and possess a positive attitude
- Highly motivated, self driven annd outstanding attention to detail
- Action orientated and customer focused
- Committed and strong work ethic
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Work unsupervised and always acts with integrity and trust
- Display a 'can do' attitude and not adverse to hands on work
What’s on offer:
- Rewarded with a competitive salary package and salary package opportunities.
- Genuine career advancement opportunities, generous product discounts and a supportive workplace culture where great work is truly recognised and rewarded.
- Immediate start is avaliable.
If you can demonstrate a track record in warehousing, distribution and customer service along with the ability to exceed customer's expectations and provide a service that is second to none, whilst delivering outstanding results, then this is the job for you.
*Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now