Warehouse Assistant Manager - Bowermans Furniture
Job no: 530660
Work type: Full Time
Location: Taren Point
Categories: Retail Management, Warehouse
Harvey Norman Commercial Division specialises in the supply of goods & services to project builders, developers, architects and the mining industry. Our clients depend upon Harvey Norman Commercial to supply the best range, the best service and the best prices.
We are seeking an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join the team at Bowermans Office Furniture - Revesby.
We are looking for the right candidate to assist the Bowermans team in organising and assisting in the receiving, storage and despatch of all products. Assist with the organisation and running of the warehouse on a daily basis. Ensure all procedures regarding inventory are maintained, be methodical in following OH&S procedures.
- Assembling and upholstering of furniture
- In-house and onsite warranty service calls
- Small installation of workstations and other equipments on site
- Responsible for ensuring directions from Warehouse Manager and Management are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with management/buyers regarding Clearance Stock
- Carry out daily inspections of Plant and Equipment (Pickers & Forklifts)
- Communicate with staff in relation to workplace issues, storage problems, book-in issues etc.
- Receiving – Unloading trucks, checking product codes and quantities against P.O.’S
- General warehouse duties i.e. sweep floors, keep general areas clean and tidy
- Stock take – preparation and completion – as required and requested – in conjunction with HNC Stock Control and Administration
- Uniforms – ensure company supplied shirts and Hi Visibility Vests are worn by Store people and Drivers at all times.
- Staff – treat staff members and fellow workers with respect at all times
- Incidents – report all incidents to immediate superior and complete Incident Report Forms as required
- Attendance – Ensure punctuality (use of finger scanners for commencement and completion of working day) Telephone personally (where possible) any absences directly to immediate superior. Supply medical certificates where necessary.
- Time-Off – All holiday /Leave Application Forms to be submitted to immediate superior.
- Any ad hoc duties as required including but not limited to using your skill set within another division/department
- Maintain valid licenses for FL (Forklift)
- Adhere to OH&S practices regarding movement of equipment
- All staff are required to complete all Vibe training
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have strong communication skills
- Have previously supervised staff
- It will be necessary to travel to Parramatta and/or Taren Point offices from time to time, so a current drivers license is desirable
- Ability to learn other roles to ensure a minimum of inconvenience when other Warehouse staff are on Leave.
If you are interested in the above role please submit your application online!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now